tire size

From: CSiano@banyan.com
Date: Fri Apr 12 1996 - 07:36:47 EDT

>What is the largest tire I can safely put on the stock 15x6 rim.
>It currently has 235's on it

The greatest width that tire manufactures recommend is 9.5". This doesn't
mean that all 9.5" tires will work, only that no tire larger than 9.5" wide
is recommended. However, I know a lot of people (vintage Land Rover types
for instance) who run 31x10.50 tires on a 6" rim. It does, however, add
considerable sidewall roll during turns. There are a few 31x9.5 tires out
there which is the largest legal size that fits the stock rim and
wheelwell.

Christopher Siano | "How do you control this thing?"
CSiano@Banyan.com | "Who Cares, Go FASTER!"
    0- | -Suicide