Re: tire size

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Thu Apr 11 1996 - 19:24:38 EDT

>> What is the largest tire I can safely put on the stock 15x6 rim.
>> It currently has 235's on it
>I have a four wheeling magizine from about 2 years ago that say a 30x9.5
>is the largest you would want to go before you ran into any problems.. I
>think you could get away with 31's though.. if you have the height.

I worried about this too, but I've got a 4x4 (unlifted) with 31x10.5-15
mounted on the stock alloys with no problems. I do rub a little bit on the
front crossmember, but only at full lock, which you're only doing at very
slow speeds anyway.

Sure fills the fenders nicely. Also provides lots of bouyancy in deep sand,
and good rock crawling traction. I'm afraid to air down much though for
fear of rolling off the bead. How likely is this?

Oh - and good sidewall protection for the alloys too.

Anyone done a speedo correction on an automatic yet?

Jim
The "Assault Weapons" ban is drive-by legislation. The target: Crime;
the victimized innocent bystander: the lawfully armed Citizen.
     ~*~*~ Tyranny Insurance by Colt's Manufacturing Cos. ~*~*~