re: Question: Power Upgrades

From: DHartmann@bangate.compaq.com
Date: Fri Apr 12 1996 - 11:54:02 EDT

 .
> Does anyone out there know what would be involved in putting a
> newer 5.2 liter in my 87 Dakota 4x2?

    I don't recommend it. Simply because I think you'll have to make
    way too many mod's to get it to fit. Others who responded have
    spoken of tranny's, drive shafts, mounts, cooling, and etc; but,
    when Dodge put the V8 into the Dakota, they lengthened the hood
    and engine bay by 3 inches. And that still makes it fit snugly.
    It doesn't necessarily seem longer, but by rounding the hood in
    the front, they basically disguised the lengthening.

    I'd opt for a newer model or buy the redesigned '97s in a couple of
    weeks when they debut. I read a rumor in a truck magazine that
    the new '97s would also have the 360 as an option, not just the
    V6 and 318 as they do now.

    Just my $0.015,
    Dale