RE: Mirrors

From: Futrell, Mike (Michael E) (mefutrel@ingr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 1996 - 14:23:14 EDT

>----------

I have had a problem with the mirrors on my 95. What I found was that
the black
plastic cover for the mirror base did not fit flush against the door.
The reason for this
was that the mirror is mounted with studs that have a large "washer" in
the middle of
them. These studs are screwed into the mirror mount, the other end goes
through the
door and the mirror is held on with nuts. The problem is that the washer
in the middle
of the stud holds the mirror away from the door. My solution was to
remove the studs
and re-mound the mirror with 5mm bolts and washers. This allows the
cover to fit flush
against the door and I have had no more problems wit noise from my
mirrors.

Good Luck,

Mike Futrell