RE: 1997 Dakota

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Sun Apr 21 1996 - 19:32:21 EDT

Word has it that the truck is styled to look like the Ram. I have only seen spy
shots and artist conception drawings. Word also has it the v6 is being enlarged
to >4l and the 5.9l v8 will also be available. I assume you are refering to 4x4
when you talk of the trosion bar front end (2wd uses coils). I have not heard
anything about the drive train. If i was to guess the truck will keep an
independent front axle on the 4x4. Whether they go to coils or stay with the
torsion bar would depend on how much they redesign the chassis.

Dave Clement
To: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET
From: slowe1329@aol.com@INTERNET on Sun, Apr 21, 1996 6:34 PM

Greetings,

    I am currently in the market for a truck. I have been looking at the Dakota
and I hear that it's due for a makeover. If so, does anyone have any inside info
on it? I am looking to buy soon but if Dodge is going to do away with the
torsion bar front end and may go to the Ram-style coil-sprung solid axle I'll
wait...