(no subject)

From: Mark Husar (mhusar@dfsc.dla.mil)
Date: Mon Apr 22 1996 - 13:15:00 EDT

Can anyone comment on the fact that the Dakota has no external fuel filter ?
The only one that's mentioned in my 1996 Dakota shop manual is the one
that's part of the fuel pressure regulator in the gas tank. There is no
service interval specified for the fuel filter. How long are these things
supposed to last? All my other vehicles have had some external fuel filter
on them that was replaced at regular intervals, say every 30,000 miles.
Also, I've recently have run into a problem opening the hood on my 96 Dakota
(2,200 miles). The trailing edge of the hood is binding with the leading
edge of the cowl actually causing the cowl to flex when I attempt to open
the hood. It has just started doing it. Has anyone else had this problem?
I'm taking it into the dealer to have them fix it since it's under warranty.
Thanks.