RE: External Fuel Filter

From: Harold Borders (borders@dept.physics.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 22 1996 - 17:45:32 EDT

At 04:38 PM 4/22/96 -0400, you wrote:
>On Mon, 22 Apr 1996, Mark M Herrick wrote:
>> Good question! I was just recently thinking that it was probably about time
>> to change the fuel filter on my 94 V-6. Does anyone know where it might
>> be hiding or is it an in tank type like Mark is referring to?
>That fuel filter is on the left side frame rail, under the bed.
>That is only true for FI trucks. Carb'ed trucks filter is in the usual
>place near the carb in the engine bay.
>
>Good luck,
>
>1994 Dakota 5.2l 5 speed (R/T in progress)
>Bill Countie
>e-mail wgcount@husc7.harvard.edu

I beg to differ. According to the FSM for '95:
"A combination fule filter and fuel pressure regulator is used on all 3.9L
V-6 and 5.2L V-8 engines. It is pressed into a rubber grommet located on the
top of the fuel pump module. A separate frame mounted fuel filter is not
used with the 3.9L or 5.2L engines."
 It seems that the frame mounted fuel filter is only used on the 2.5L engine.

What "brilliant" engineer designed this cluster$#%^???!!!

-Buddy Borders
'95SLT V-8/Auto (and working fuel filter, for now)

AKA- Harold Borders
 borders@dept.physics.upenn.edu