RE: External Fuel Filter

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Mon Apr 22 1996 - 18:27:27 EDT

A friend of mine who just happens to be a Mr. Goodwrench advised me that the
in-tank fuel pumps (which GM has used for a very long, cost-effective time)
rely on the fuel to keep cool. Yet another reason to keep the tank closer to
full than to empty (hey, you're going to burn the stuff anyway right?).

I replaced the in-line filter at about 30K with the NAPA replacement. You are
supposed to bleed down the pressure in the fuel ring first - which I did using
an air conditioning hose (has the right fittings). Haven't had any problems.

Is there a pre-filter in the tank on pre-'96 models with MPI?

Jim
The "Assault Weapons" ban is drive-by legislation. The target: Crime;
the victimized innocent bystander: the lawfully armed Citizen.
     ~*~*~ Tyranny Insurance by Colt's Manufacturing Cos. ~*~*~