RE: Tire size for Dakota 4x2

From: CSiano@banyan.com
Date: Wed Apr 24 1996 - 07:40:58 EDT

>only downside is that sider tires will "pull" side-to-side a little more
in rutted roads.

I'm running 31x10.50 Mickey Thompson Baja Belted HP's on a 7" rim. They
are roughly 11" wide and have a tread about 9" wide. You want to talk
about "pull"! The offset required on the Dakota (because of really poor
design) gives any tire tremendous leverage, but the wider, the worse. You
eventually get used to the handleing and it isn't much of an issue, but
those first few miles sure keep you alert!

Also, anybody notice that the front and rear wheels are not even close in
track width? I have no trouble with the rear tires on my truck, but the
front stick out just enough to cover the sides (including the windows) with
everything I drive through. Real fun in the winter with road salt!

Christopher Siano | A little Revolution
CSiano@Banyan.com | now and again
    0- | is a good thing.