RE: '97 Dakotas

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Wed Apr 24 1996 - 13:17:48 EDT

From: rlr@bbt.com@INTERNET on Wed, Apr 24, 1996 11:28 AM

>>I've also noticed that V8/5 speed combinations seem to be very
>>rare-except on this mailing list.

> They were rare out in the field once I started looking for my
>'95. We ended up issuing a factory order (and paying accordingly).

Ron,
What do do you mean by "and paying accordingly"? Ordering a vehicle directly
from the factory is actually cheaper for the dealer. They do not have any
dollars invested in inventory costs and only act as a clearing house for you.
The only time buying off the lot is cheaper is if there's an incentive program
(ie; rebate) that is pushing existing inventory.

I am very particular when i purchase a new vehicle and will not accept something
unless it is exactly what I want. I have never bought off the lot, I have
reviewed the print-outs of unassigned vehicles being delivered to dealers in the
geographical area and have got the dealer to negotiate a trade with the dealer
receiving the car but this has never effected the selling price. This is a good
way to take advantage of rebates without needing to leg-it around to every
dealer in the area looking for a vehicle.

Dave Clement