RE: External Fuel Filter

From: Ron Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 1996 - 15:45:48 EDT

>> You've got a fuel intake, fuel return, and vapor line.

>Most EFI use this system, but the Magnum engines don't.

  The original poster mentioned that he had 3 lines coming from
the tank. I believe that he was talking about a '94.

>There is a
>pressure relief valve in the tank. The pump makes continuous pressure and
>the valve 'bleeds' off what isn't needed. Only one line goes to the
>engine.

   Your info makes perfect sense considering the fuel pump in the '94-
and-later integrated fuel module (why the heck would they route a
return line AWAY from the pump? ;). Wasn't the original poster talking
about a '94? Were there further changes in the fuel delivery system
on the '95?

  Only one line goes to the engine, but does only one line come out of
the tank? I have not taken a close look at my tank, since I hope
to retrofit a secondary filter in the engine compartment, space
allowing.

  Ron