Suspension - Anti-torque Bars

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Fri Apr 26 1996 - 16:13:33 EDT

It seems like quite a few of us have V8 Dakotas. I was wondering if anyone
else has thought about adding (have to fab it, I haven't seen them aftermarket)
a torque control bar. That's a bar that connects the top (or bottom - 2WD) of
the rear axle to the frame to eliminate wind-up and wheel hop.

I've got the Sure-Grip limited slip, and the problem is much better with my
better shocks, but when I take off on dry pavement there is some wheel hop.

To head off the inevitable: Yes, they're pivoted at each end, so the suspension
is still free to compress. Yes, there is some added unsprung weight, though
tubular bars are generally used to minimize this.

Seen them for Flaming Fords and Cushy Chevies. Only now is Dodge making enough
trucks to interest the aftermarket.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Jim
Gun Control = Life Control = Vote Control = Speech Control = Opinion Control
  _
 |_) o r n FREE, \/ O T E FREE, /--\ r m e d & FREE, |_ I V E FREE !

     ~*~*~ Tyranny Insurance by Colt's Manufacturing Cos. ~*~*~