Re: '97 Dakotas

From: Kelly Moss (kellym@zipnet.net)
Date: Sat Apr 27 1996 - 22:43:01 EDT

        I ordered my Dakota without too many problems. I also ordered my
previous S10 (sorry !) easily as well. The S10 I talked to 4 dealers and
said "$250 over list" 3 said $500, one said "ok" ! If you do your
homework up front - option codes etc, research the price (so you can catch
them out...), they aquiesce very quickly. I only dealt with one dealer on
the Dakota - after I told the salesman how much the truck was he tried to
tell me otherwise, he was so crestfallen when I quoted the prices to the
cent, that I didn't push him too hard to my original price - I think I
paid $500 over invoice. You just have to be armed with the facts, and see
the sales manager - he doesn't make comission, so he doesn't care. It's
certainly true they want to sell what's on their lot - they're paying
through the nose on the floor-plan; second-best is a dealer-trade, at
least they off-load one of theirs, they just have to work at it. If you
state quite specifically what options you want, leave them to it, they
quickly understand that's the only vehicle they can sell you.

Charles

----- End of forwarded message from Kelly Moss -----