RE: Child Seats

From: Mark Smith (msmith@@baleen.fore.com)
Date: Tue Apr 30 1996 - 08:38:20 EDT

>>I have a '96 Club SLT and need to carry one of the kids in the back.
Before I bought the truck, I took the child seat with me and tried it
out in the back for "fit." Without the child in it, there was no
problem. However, the first time we went somewhere with him in the seat
in the back, the seat leaned forward due to the softness of the cushion
and lack of support under the cushion.

Does anyone have a child seat that works (he's a 2 year old) in the back
of the club cab?

I too have a 3 year old but i am usually forced to use the seat in the front
because the way the seat attaches in the rear. it has a tendency to shift
side to side and also lean forward when brakes are applied. BTW mine is a
95 SLT club cab. The truck was really not designed well to accept child
safety seats IMHO. Thankfully my daughter turns 4 in a few weeks and won't
need to use it anymore..

Mark