Re: Towing a trailer

From: L. Jacobs (ljacobs@calvin.uchsc.edu)
Date: Thu May 02 1996 - 10:52:35 EDT

In message <9605012206.AA29055@jeflin.tju.edu> writes:
> Would anyone happen to know what the max. in trailer weight a Dakota can
> pull given the type hitch that's installed. I have a '96 4x4 club V6 auto.
> with the heavy duty cooling system.
>
> DaveS
> '96 4x4 club cab V6
> Auto. flame red

If you have the Class 4 hitch with the 1800# payload option and 3.55 axle
on your extended cab, you can pull around 5400 pounds. Check the
Dakota Brochure for specifics. I think the 3.90 axle (same setup) is
near 5900 pounds.
If you don't have the heavy duty (1800#) suspension, it's less.
If you have a regular cab (which you don't), it's more.

This is what I remember from the brochure, and I've got the ext. cab 4x4
w/3.55 and trailer towing package, so these should be pretty close numbers.
Mine is a stick (yeah!), and rated at 5400 pounds, though the receiver
is rated for more, the truck isn't.