Re: Driveline vibration

From: Jane V Elliott (elliott@cyberspace.com)
Date: Sat May 04 1996 - 23:23:28 EDT

If the long bed Dakota has a two piece driveshaft with a center bearing it
could well be that the bearing has gone south. Had a 75 Datsun that shook
like crazy when that bearing went out. Since the short bed 4x4's have a
one piece driveshaft could the shaft have been removed and not replaced in
EXACTLY the same alignment when it was reinstalled? That could do it too.

Larry Elliott