RE: Dakota Stuff

From: Mel Lester Jr. (meljr@connet80.com)
Date: Wed May 08 1996 - 10:48:01 EDT

On 8 May 1996 Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com wrote:

> Mopar Performance sells a replacement computer for the Magnum series of engines
> that improves performance. They also sell what they call a R/T Package that
> consists of the computer, hi-flow air filter, a cam and cat back exhaust system
> that bumps the power of the 5.2l from 220 hp to 275hp.
>
> I do not believe that these items have a CARB exemption so technically they are
> for off road use only. However, the computer is such an easy swap that putting
> back the stock computer for a periodic smog test is no big deal at all. I do not
> know about California's smog testing but here in Mass the MP computer in my
> Daytona does not impact the ablity to pass the yearly test.

All the the Magnum R/T components mentioned are "CARB exempt". When I
purchased my 95 RAM, I ordered all this stuff plus a few other goodies
not mentioned and all came with the necessary documentation to support
their street legal status.

-mel

| Mel Lester Jr. meljr@ConNet80.com - Operations Manager ConNet80 |
| ConNet80 - PDX's Fast Lane on the Information SuperHighway |
| Connect with ConNet80, it pays! http://www.ConNet80.com/~meljr |