RE: cost of Dodge steel wheels

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Wed May 01 1996 - 07:42:32 EDT

To: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET
From: wgcount@husc.HARVARD.EDU@INTERNET on Tue, Apr 30, 1996 7:53 PM

> I am interested in a spare set of wheels for my Dakota so that I
>may remove my Predators for the winter, put a set of snow friendly lugs
>all around, and replace them in the spring. I called up my local Dodge
>dealer and asked about some 6 lug steel wheels like the ones on my spare.
>$135.00 each was the answer. Sheesh! At that price, they should be
>chromed not black painted stock wheels! Does anyone have a solution for
>me? I just want some plain wheels and Dakotas seem not to end up in the
>junk yards, at least the 6 lug ones.

Bill,
There is an ad in Truckin Magazine for wheels where they have four styles of
chromed steel wheels for $160.00 that includes lugs and center caps (15x7). The
most recent issue of AutoHunter had an ad for wheels in RI where they had white
spoked wheels for low $30's and chromed ones for high $30's (15x7 but no lugs or
center caps).

For $135 each you can get some pretty nice alloy wheels.

Dave Clement
89 4x4