Re: '96 MP Computer

From: Bill Countie (wgcount@husc.HARVARD.EDU)
Date: Wed May 08 1996 - 16:04:23 EDT

On Wed, 8 May 1996, Ned Vogler wrote:

> Dave Clement sez:
>
> >Mopar Performance sells a replacement computer for the Magnum series of
> engines
> >that improves performance. They also sell what they call a R/T Package that
>
> >consists of the computer, hi-flow air filter, a cam and cat back exhaust
> system
> >that bumps the power of the 5.2l from 220 hp to 275hp.
>
> Does anyone on the list have any *real* dates as to when the MP computer
> and/or cat back exhaust will be available for the '96 model Dakota?? I'm
> itching to spend some money, and I definitely want to buy the MP computer
> first, then the exhaust later, I heard a Ram Sport drive by the other day,
> and it must've had non-stock exhaust because it sounded MEAN!! There's
> nothing like the sound of a well-tuned V-8!!
>
> Ciao!
Hey Ned,
        The Mopar Performance people (from whom fast trucks get faster)
say mid June. I couldn't get them to give me a real date though. Sorry.
I really like my MP stuff. Remember to keep the original computer. Oh
yeah, cut off the little "CARB approved" stickers and keep them with the
registration for those little events that may occur in these trying times.
I have.
Cheers,
1994 Dakota 5.2l 5 speed (R/T in progress)
Bill Countie
e-mail wgcount@husc7.harvard.edu