Re: Performance - Computers and Exhaust

From: TeamGTZ@aol.com
Date: Fri May 10 1996 - 16:40:52 EDT

In a message dated 96-05-08 18:58:21 EDT, James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM (JT
McBride) writes:

>Exhaust - I was reading the fine print in the MP catalog, and I concluded
>that the MP headers ARE NOT MADE BY CHRYSLER. So who does make them? Has
>anyone seen some good catalog photos so we can narrow this down? I would
>hope it's someone like Edelbrock. I'm also hoping it would be maybe a $100
>cheaper with their brand name on it than MoPar's name on it. Any info
>would be appreciated...

The headers were designed jointly by Doug Thorley Exhaust and Chrysler, and
thusly are sold at your local CC parts counter as a CC item (says Thorley on
the box, though). A local speed shop found some Heddman headers for limited
Dakota applications (apparently they're all different) but they're not
available yet (at least not as of a couple of months ago) and they seem to be
the "burn-out-in-a-year" types. I didn't check Edelbrock, but none of the
parts or speed shops that I frequent have been able to locate any for my
application. (1995 2wd V8 manual)