Re: Performance - Computers and Exhaust (fwd)

From: TeamGTZ@aol.com
Date: Sun May 12 1996 - 23:13:24 EDT

In a message dated 96-05-10 16:59:18 EDT, frankb@cougar.sr.hp.com (Frank
Ball) writes:

>Bill has a '94 2wd V8 manual. Identical. Maybe Thourly has some
>quality problems and the products are not consistant?
>I also have a 95 2wd V8 manual, so who do I "believe"? :-).

Don't let me talk you out of getting the headers! I'm glad I got them; there
is a definite increase in power at the tires. I'm not an exhaust expert, and
I didn't have a lift or professional tools either. But between my friend and
myself, we've logged some considerable time under a hood or two -- including
header & exhaust work. I bet that the quality control just wasn't up to par
the day they made my set (Friday at 4:30 pm?) Still, be ready for a problem
or two.
  BTW, being that the y-crossover pipe goes 2 inches or so below stock, and
my truck already got the 4/5 slam, my crossover is now 6 inches closer to the
ground than factory! Therefore I'm going to have to run duals around the
trans somehow so I can get some more clearance. The last thing I need is an
exhaust clamp punching a hole in the bottom of the tranny if I hit a bad set
of RR tracks! Anyone have any experience there? I'm definitely doing it --
I just need to know what diameter pipe x 2 will approximate the backpressure
of the single 3" system. (including, of course, hi flo cats and an H pipe)