Brakes (was: Bumper Painting & Brakes)

From: RGallim232@aol.com
Date: Thu May 16 1996 - 21:12:06 EDT

In a message dated 96-05-15 18:29:46 EDT, I wrote:

>Also, when I brake, I get this knocking noise. It happens at two different
>points. I have had the rotors turned to get rid of any warping but it still
>does it. The brake people do not know what is wrong (also think they do not
>know what they are doing since I have been there 3 times). Any ideas on
this
>problem?
>
>Thanks
>Ron

>Then Dave Clement responded:

>Could be a worn suspension component that is shifting when the brakes are
>applied, something worn in the drive train or worn brake caliper mounting
>parts that are allowing the caliper to move. You will need to be more
>specific as to where the noise is coming from and a better description of
>the noise for anyone to be more specific.

>Dave Clement

To be as specific as I can, it appears to be coming from the right front
tire. I took it somewhere else and thay said it was not anything to do with
the brakes. They said, everything looked fine. Whatever it is, it is
causing my truck to pulsate like a warped rotor and when I am about to come
to a stop my brake squeek (more like hum like a Mack truck).

I hope this is specific enough
Ron