RE: 1995 Dakota Sport Purchase - Questions

From: Schelling, Paul M (SchellinPM@ejpo1.corning.com)
Date: Tue May 28 1996 - 16:03:00 EDT

> I have just purchased a 95 Dakota Sport 3.9L V6
> with a 5 speed transmission...

Congratulations! You will continue to love it!

> 2. The Magnum V6 idles rough. I am used to a FORD
> 2.3L, which idled very smooth. The TACH shows
> between 500-600 RPM. Is this normal ?

That's a hair low. 600-800 RPM is more normal.

> 3. The head rests drop down on my bench seat, it
> will not stay. Is this typical ?

Unfortunately, yes. If it doesn't get touched, it stays, but otherwise...

> 4. The exhaust is louder than expected. Again, it
> sounds like a 280z. Ideas ?

Normal. I think it sounds cool. It's the relatively large diameter exhaust
which plays a large part in the excellent output of the Magnum engine.

 - Paul Schelling
  '93 3.9L 5spd
  schellinpm@corning.com