Re: K&N -Reply -Reply (Making your own housing)

From: L. Jacobs (ljacobs@calvin.uchsc.edu)
Date: Wed May 29 1996 - 14:45:05 EDT

I made all these same suggestions, most users opted for the 'looks', but
as soon as I find a comparable Dakota in the junkyard, my creativity will
abound !!
My goal is to keep the snorkel, however, as I'm not sure if discombobulating
the pre-heat tube will cause any undesired effects. (How do you like them
technical terms !). :)
<sigh> I remember buying chrome air cleaner housings for around $10 to
$15 not too long ago. If the lid is chrome or the 'cutting' of the
air cleaner housing is done somewhat professionally, I can't see it
detracting from the appearence under the hood. I mean come on guys,
these are Dakotas, not Max Wedges or Hemis... (those tricking their
trucks out can ignore this statement). 8^)

[snip]
> What if I simply put a smaller diameter top on the factory filter housing?
> Large enough to seal around the Filtercharger, but still leaves a gap all the
> way
> 'round. OR, how about buying a filter housing from a wrecking yard and
> applying a hacksaw, thus making my own "FIPK" unit?
>
> Seems to be much cheeeeper solutions.
>
> Any other ideas?
[snip]

   __
  / / ___ ___ Lee Jacobs
 / / / _ \/ _ \ LJacobs@Calvin.UCHSC.Edu
/ /__| __/ __/ DVAMC - Univ. Colorado Health Sciences
\____/\___|\___| Big Aspirations, Small Wallet.