Older ---> Magnum

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Wed Jun 05 1996 - 18:33:28 EDT

Dick Mellon asks:
>One of my biggest concerns is will the wireing harness from the newer eng. plug
>into the older trucks firewall and dash conections and still work.

Again, not having compared two trucks side by side, I can't say for certain,
but Dodge also upgraded the interior substantially, I think in '90 or '91. So
I would NOT expect a fuel injected truck's wiring harness to mate with that
of a carbureted truck. You will be doing some wiring.

Probably your best approach would be to locate an insurance adjuster/claims
agent locally and find out how and when insurance auctions of wrecked vehicles
happen -- find a regular buyer for the salvage yards who's computerized, and
leave a standing order for a complete truck. With the whole truck on hand, you
can swap parts as you find out you need them.

How badly does a Dakota have to be broken up to get totalled?

Last, and probably least of your worries -- if you replace the front end
with a Magnum pointy front, you'll need a new hood, too!

If you use the flat front end, you'll really be squeezing things, and you'll
have to pull the shelby trick and mount electric fans in front of the
radiator, which I think will preclude AC. Did Shelby's have AC???

Jim
P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P
   I love lush forests, running streams, naked women, and motorcycles.
            I hunt and eat red meat, thus I'm a game manager.
 I own a fossil-guzzling truck, yet I Tread Lightly! wherever I go,
   and pick up all the trash you environmentalist city folk leave behind.
 I own and use an Evil Black Gun (or two) but I'm not a criminal.
 Paradox? No, I'm from Dakota Territory (Montana) where a man's born FREE.
          ~%@%~ Politically Incorrect and Proud of It! ~%@%~
-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-P--P-PP-