Re: Security keyless entry

From: Harold W. Borders (borders@dept.physics.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 06 1996 - 22:29:58 EDT

At 07:56 AM 6/6/96 -0500, you wrote:

>I am looking to purchase a new Dakota Cub 4X4 5.2. SLT package in the
>next couple monthes.
>I am asking if any one has an opinion on a after market - security
>keyless entry? Any opinions or observations apreciated.

>Thanks
> Mark Kuhl
>St Paul, MN
>work - mkuhl@deltec.com
>home - mkuhl@isd.net

On my '95, I had the dealer install a Chapman alarm system that locks and
unlocks the doors when you arm/disarm the system. It also has an adjustable
shock sensor that will chirp the alarm for minor taps and not set it off
every time a butterfly lands on it (like my neighbor's). It works quite
well, so far. (1 yr./ 8500 mi.)

Just my $.02.

-Buddy Borders
 '95 SLT 5.2/Auto