Hello

From: Glenn S. Wiltse (iggy@merit.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 12 1996 - 10:14:57 EDT

   Hi, my name is Glenn and I'm trying to work out a deal that would put
me into a 1996 Dakota Club Cab 4x4 with the Super SLT package(I think
that's what it is) The sticker didn't seem to mention Super SLT, but near
as I can tell, that's what it is...

   I'm currently a owner of a 1991 Chevy S10 extended cab 4x4. It's got
111,000 miles on it. This truck is in good shape, but I feel that if
I drive it my current 20,000 a year, it will wind up in bad shape in
a hurry. Near as I can tell it should be worth about $7200 at low retail
or about $5500 wholesale. I want to sell it myself and collect the
$1800 for passing go...

   The Dakota I'm looking at, stickers for about $23,500, but is marked
down to $19,767, wich seems like a excelant price(especialy without
having to haggle over the price. I don't feel I will be able to swing
the cost of the "new" Dakota when it comes out soon(?). I was going
to just put my truck up for sale and then do the deal on the new truck
when I get rid of the Chevy. Lately I'm thinking I might better jump
on the Dakota ASAP, as I don't know that they are currently making any
more of the 95s, and this deal may not be that easy to find if the
2 I know of sell before I get there.

   The Dakota I'm looking at has the following... Club Cab 4x4, Air,
bucket seats, 4sp Automatic, V8, 4 wheel anit-lock brakes, AM/FM
cassette, power windows/locks, tilt wheel, cruise control, 325/75 tires,
aluminum rims, sliding rear window, and sure grip rear diff...(there
may be some other odds and ends, but that's the important stuff)

   I've got my loan application in, and if all goes well, I'll be driving
the Dakota early next week. Some of the questions I had about the truck
and it's capibilitys are... What can I expect for mileage? Can I eventualy
put 31x10.50s on it? Will I need differnt rims? What size? How's this
thing going to do on the trail?

   Aside from a K&N Filter charger and fiberglass cap, is there anything
I should consider doing to it early on?

Thanks for your help...