New Truck.

From: Glenn S. Wiltse (iggy@merit.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 17 1996 - 06:40:06 EDT

   Well, I have my new Dakota Club Cab 4x4. I picked it up Thursday night
and now have over 500 miles on it. So far I love it, dispite already having
my first warranty work done on it. The transfer case shift boot had a small
hole in it. I had them order a new one on Friday along with some mud flaps
and floor mats. Saturday the stuff came in and they fixed the boot while
I waited. I drove to Hell and back Friday morning, it was a nice little
drive down some curvey two lane black top.(Hell, Michigan). I also found
a little mud and water on some state land near Hell, and got it into
four wheel drive. I had some trouble getting it back out of four low
but I think it was just cause I wasn't used to that tranfer case. I'll
try it again soon I'm sure. This truck is a much better truck then my
91 Chevy is, even when it was new. As far as I'm concerned there really
is no comparison between my S10 and my Dakota. Anyone want to buy a
91 S10?

 Sunday I installed a K&N filter, mud flaps, and a bug/stone guard on
the hood.
 The only option I didn't get on my Dakota, that I really wanted is
the sheild package. I looked into purchasing these from the dealer
but the cost would wind up being about $600, a little more then I have
right now. Do most of you 4x4 owners have the sheild package? Do you
think I should try and get some or all of the sheilds? Is there any
other place to purchase sheilds cheaper?