RE: Oil Pressure Gauge

From: Mark M Herrick (mherrick@ptialaska.net)
Date: Thu Jun 20 1996 - 00:29:56 EDT

On Wednesday, June 19, 1996 6:07 PM, Burton,
Doran[SMTP:dburton@hq.walldata.com] wrote:

>>I have had a problem with my oil pressure guage since day one. It sticks
>>every now again. I have had it in the shop under warranty twice already
for
>>it. They said the sending unit was bad and replaced it. I didn't have
any
>>problems with it all last summer and winter and now it is acting up
again.
>> Anyone else experience this problem? I will be taking it in to have it
>>looked at again this weekend and will let you know what the diagnosis
was.

      I have had a sending unit for bad on my 94 3.9 at 18k miles, the
dealer replaced it under warranty and said that he has had a few
cases like mine.

>> As with the tach problem on another thread, if I tap on the face of the
>>guage it usually springs to life, but that's not working anymore.

Sounds like the mechanism is binding, try moving the needle gently by hand
and see if you feel any resistance.

Mark M. Herrick
mherrick@ptialaska.net
Kodiak, Alaska