Re: dies and tach.

From: Jane V Elliott (elliott@cyberspace.com)
Date: Thu Jun 20 1996 - 00:30:16 EDT

The retail price is either $300 or $400, but there's a parts shop here in
Seattle, B & B, that sells them for about $220-230 with the cable. They
only work on Chrysler, GM and Fords, and each make requires a specific
cable to attach the unit to the vehicles computer diagnostic plug.

On the Dakota, at least my '92, it gives O2 sensor readout in volts and as
lean, middle, rich, coolant temp, intake charge temp, ignition timing, MAP
sensor volts, auto idle speed motor steps, battery volts, target battery
volts, battery temp, cruise control set speed, vehicle speed, % throttle
opening, and some other stuff - 22 things total. I routed the cable on
mine from the diagnostic plug back between the fender and firewall over
the top passenger side door hinge, cable tied under the glove box and set
the unit between the transmission and transfer case shifters. It's
interesting to check out the various outputs as you drive down the road,
and if you're getting an intermittent problem you can leave it in one mode
where it monitors the SBEC in operation. Pretty slick.

JC Whitney has the Auto X-Ray for a little less than retail, I think.

Larry Elliott