Re: 1997 Dakota Unveiled

From: Phil McClay (Phil_McClay@qmgateib.mitre.org)
Date: Fri Jun 21 1996 - 14:22:11 EDT

         Reply to: RE>>1997 Dakota Unveiled

The 318 V8 got a new cam in 1994 (same for Cherokee, Dakota, and Ram) which
lowered the horsepower from 230 to 220 BUT broadened the torque curve (even
raised it a little).

I thought the new Dakota looked good, but it does not (as depicted) have a
step bumper. I wouldn't like that; two cars have already committed suicide
(both totaled) on the rear bumper of my '94 Dakota (I'm on my third stock
bumper courtesy of the insurance company -- got a slightly dented back-up
bumper in my basement).

Phil McClay
mcclay@mitre.org