Re: 1997 Dakota Unveiled (fwd)

From: Christian Hedemark (warthog@voicenet.com)
Date: Fri Jun 21 1996 - 15:27:55 EDT

On Fri, 21 Jun 1996, Frank Ball wrote:

> The pictures on the web are labeled as 2WD. It is several inches
> higher than my 2WD. To me that is bad, it will make it wallow around
> in turns. The 4WD folks will be real happy if the 4WD is even higher.
>
> The sides don't have the big rubber strip to protect it from door dings.

Keep in mind, Dodge has a habit of "modifying" their pictures for
photographs. They tend to delete the ugliest feature. For example, in
all of the Dodge Ram ads, try and find a radio antenna. I dare you to!
IOW, wait until these things are really available from your Dodge dealer
before you go and really knock the little details.

I think they are probably keeping the Dakota name just as a formality.
Really, if you ask me, I think the goal of this truck was to say "let's
sell trucks to people who don't buy Rams because they are too big" rather
than "lets update the Dakota". It really looks to me like they are
addressing the concerns of the people who love Rams, but don't want to
"dock" in parking lots.

My $0.03 (I always give a little more than my share!) ;-)

Chris