Re: Bigger tires, lifts, etc.

From: Dave Hornback (hornback@qualcomm.com)
Date: Thu Jul 04 1996 - 10:40:53 EDT

I was looking into the Trailmaster suspension lift at Unlimited 4x4 in San
Diego, the owner of the shop quoted about $1,400 for the kit, $400-500 for
installation. He said it was an ugly install process that takes three days
(I doubt that) and because they have to cut the frame it is not reversible.
He recommended not doing it. I guess I'll just go with an inch lift of the
torsion bars, 31x10.50's, and expect to replace CV's a little sooner if
necessary. I've drug the bottom of my 95 4x4 extra cab over rocks, railroad
tracks, and been high centered on silly little things. A couple of inches
would sure help. Dave