Re: Changing oil

From: James Babcock (james.a.babcock@adn.alcatel.com)
Date: Wed Jul 03 1996 - 08:05:12 EDT

> A few people mentioned that you could reach through the top of the engine
> and get at the oil filter from the top (when the engine is cold). I took
> a look today, but there is no way I can fit my hand down there. Access is
> completely blocked by an intruding part of the wall of the engine bay (just
> above the wheel well) and the right side header. Maybe it is accessible in the
> 6 or 4, but on my '96 5 speed v8, I've got to go underneath. :(
>
> -Jon-

I guess that this must be true for the v8. Even though the v6 is based
on the design of the v8, the angle between the cylinder banks of the
v8 is 90 degrees while it is 60 degrees for the v6. This fact would
take up any excess room between the engine and the sides of the
engine bay.

-Jim.
'87 Dakote 3.9 auto lb