RE: 1994 Dakota Rough Idle After Giving Battery Jump -Reply

From: KEVIN DUNCAN (KEVIN.DUNCAN@mail.mei.com)
Date: Mon Jul 08 1996 - 10:56:43 EDT

To: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET;
kevin.duncan@mail.mei.
com@INTERNET
From: Clement_D on Fri, Jul 5, 1996 9:06 AM
Subject: RE: 1994 Dakota Rough Idle After Giving Battery Jump

From: kevin.duncan@mail.mei.com@INTERNET on Fri, Jul 5, 1996 12:56
AM

>After giving a jump start, my 1994 Dakota
>(3.9L V-6 Magnum) has a rough idle, and seems to
>be missing at road speeds. Although I followed
>the recommended jump-start procedure in the manual,
>I wonder if I may have 'fried' an electronic
>sensor or component anyway?
>
>There are no stored computer codes (I checked),
>and no apparent physical damage. Does anyone have
>any ideas about where the problem could be?

You may want to disconnect the battery for a minute or so and let the
computer reset back to it's default settings and see if that helps.

Dave Clement
89 4x4

Thanks. That was the first thing I tried.

Unfortunately, the truck was hard to start (initially) after I disconnected
the battery for a couple of minutes, and it only made it run worse until the
computer could 'relearn' how to make the engine run 'smoother.'
However, the problem is still a rough idle and rough ride at road speeds.

The computer does work, though; I now receive the "power
disconnected" (code 12) and the "end of error messages" (code 55)
codes.

Kevin Duncan