RE: Hard Start after refueling

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Wed Jul 10 1996 - 07:30:53 EDT

To: bharper@xtdl.com@INTERNET; dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET
From: Clement_D on Wed, Jul 10, 1996 7:36 AM
Subject: RE: Hard Start after refueling

From: bharper@xtdl.com@INTERNET on Tue, Jul 9, 1996 6:40 PM

>I've been having trouble lately starting my 5.2 v8 '93 4X4 lately, and it
>has happened when it is cool, hot, wet, dry, I just can't figure out what's
>going on... First attempt after refueling it starts right up, and
instantly
>sounds like it is having trouble getting any gas to burn. The only
solution
>is letting it sit for 5 min or so. All suggestions taken,

Bryan,

First thing I would do is leave the gas tank cap loose or off after
refueling to see if there is some sort of issue with tank venting. Also, if
you have access to a pressure gauge put it in the fuel line up near the
engine and monitor fuel pressure to see if it is consistent. Based on past
threads at some point they stopped using a fuel filter in line mounted to
the frame rail and integrated it into the tank. If you have one on the frame
rail and it has not been replaced recently change it.

Dave Clement