RE: New 97 Dakota

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Wed Jul 10 1996 - 07:36:46 EDT

To: appleaceol@hawk.phantasy.com@INTERNET; dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.
edu@INTERNET
From: Clement_D on Wed, Jul 10, 1996 7:42 AM
Subject: RE: New 97 Dakota

From: appleaceol@hawk.phantasy.com@INTERNET on Tue, Jul 9, 1996 7:27 PM

>I got the *official* Dodge info sheet on the new 97 Dakota, and it is
>extremely cool, The interior and seats seem to be a vast improvement
>over the older Dakota's, The instrument panel is very similiar to the
>Ram's and even has a digital odometer. Its a very cool looking truck, as
>most of you have seen, according to the salesman i talked with the frame
>is still the same as the 96 dakota, same wheelbase and everything...But
>man is the new body cool!!!! I cant wait to see one in person...

According to the test in this months Road & Track they redesigned the frame
and used the same ladder concept as the Ram.

Did you get a broucher from Dodge? Road & Track had a coupon from Dodge to
send for one. They asked about CD ROM drives and MAC and Windows capability
so I am wondering if I will get a CD catalog like what Plymouth was giving
away last year for the Neon.

Dave Clement