RE: 5.2 Magnum gas mileage -Reply

From: Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com
Date: Thu Jul 11 1996 - 13:18:13 EDT

To: iggy@merit.edu@INTERNET; KMansfie@compucom.com@INTERNET
Cc: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET
From: Clement_D on Thu, Jul 11, 1996 1:23 PM
Subject: RE: 5.2 Magnum gas mileage -Reply

Cc: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET
From: iggy@merit.edu@INTERNET on Thu, Jul 11, 1996 12:55 PM

> So what do they do with the crankcase breather hose? If the filter
>housing is all open, isn't the hose just wide open too? Do they put
>it between the filter and the intake?
>
> I just put a peice of cloth over the end of the hose, and tied it
>on with a tie wrap. On the stock setup it's just connected to the filter
>housing before the filter, so I figure I'm filtering it more now then
>it was before.

A lot of GM products have a filter on the breather that installs through the
air filter housing and the hose connects to it. I have used these on the
breather hose when I have made modifications. They cost about $2-$3 and come
in a number of connector sizes, just get one that will fit the breather hose.
 The local auto parts discounter usually has them bubble packed hanging on
the rack with gas filters and PCV valves.

Dave Clement