Bosch Platinum Plugs

From: Justin Bouillet (justin@proxy-sys.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 1996 - 12:49:43 EDT

I bought some Bosch Platinum Plugs for my 87 Dakota V6. Before I replaced
the Champion plugs, I put in an Accel performance coil (the cylinder one,
not the big blocky one), new wires, rotor and cap several weeks ago. My
power and mileage increased noticeably.

After I put the platinum plugs last night, I noticed a power decrease.
The engine hesitates a little and doesn't have that zippiness it did
before. I let the engine warm up and drove around for awhile in various
driving conditions, and still the same decrease in power.

My question is, did I waste money buying these platinum plugs? I'm going
on a long trip with my truck (about 3000 miles) and I wanted to try these
plugs to see if I could get a little better mileage and power. However,
if I have to sacrifice the power for a marginal mileage gain, I'll just
put those Champions back in.

Has anyone else had the same results with platinum plugs?

Justin Bouillet         justin@proxy-sys.com
Proxy Systems Ltd.      www.proxy-sys.com