Breather hose

From: John Lindsay (jlindsay@oharamfg.com)
Date: Fri Jul 12 1996 - 01:32:25 EDT

 I dunno..... I think there may be more to this breather thing. On a stock
setup, the breather is put under a vacuum. Small amount yes, but it's there.
Open up the air cleaner housing & you lose that.

 I remember back in my high school days, (mid '70s) the cool thing to do was
to turn your air cleaner lid upside down, opening up the chamber. I
definitely remember GM products blowing the oil filter right off the block
from the crankcase pressure buildup.

 Don't ask me why or how, but it was common. I think it had to do with the
PCV valve in the breather hose.

            Maddog