Re: My thoughts on styling

From: TeamGTZ@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 14 1996 - 02:40:25 EDT

In a message dated 96-07-12 21:59:36 EDT, mmeye@umr.edu (Michael Meyerhoff)
writes:

> (oh yeah, my 92 has hard to miss reflective lettering on
>the tailgate. You 94?? and newer guys have to put up with cheap Fordesq
>decals). It'll take a lot to get me to ever give up my 92.

Cheap "Fordesq" <---- ?
I'll take the clean 95 tailgate anyday. In fact, it would be even nicer if
it were completely smooth, no indentation between the taillights. Stamping
the brandname into the sheetmetal is WAY outdated, and hardly "quaint" or
something needed on a modern vehicle. And the stickers are SO easy to
remove. Why would about every customizer shave or smooth out the stamping in
the sheetmetal? The only reason the bold lettering needs to be on the
tailgate is to alert the bespectacled ding-dong in back of you what kind of
truck you're driving (or the cop who wants to give you a ticket!) and who
cares what they think anyway! Hey, different strokes and all that, but give
me a nice, clean, smooth piece of bodywork anyday. With the exception of the
"V8" badges, my truck is completely bare of unnecessary ornamentation. As
will my next new-generation Dakota.