Re: Bosch Platinum Plugs

From: Jane V Elliott (elliott@cyberspace.com)
Date: Sun Jul 14 1996 - 13:19:40 EDT

When I mentioned that my 3.9 didn't run with Bosch Platinum's, I meant
literally that it wouldn't run properly. It popped, bucked, farted and
just wouldn't run right with them. My wife's car, an '86 Mazda, runs just
fine with them and Autolite Platinum's.

I wonder if it could have something to do with the stock coil. Mine has
the stock coil with MSD Heli Core wires, and with either the stock or
Mopar SBEC it doesn't run with Bosch Pt's.

I've never been able to see a definite change one way or the other with
any change, except that the Mopar SBEC gives my truck both better
performance and mileage. Did some calculations, and the mileage with
the Mopar SBEC is enough better that it makes up the difference in price
between regular and premium gas (1.42/gal=reg, 1.63/gal=prem)

Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE