Re:

From: Sam (sam_p@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Jul 17 1996 - 11:16:24 EDT

>>>The only thing I would change (I've got the SLT) is changing the chrome
>>>grill and bumpers to that of the sport (painted to match grill w/black
>>>bumpers). Guess I'm hard to please !
>

>And that stupid wood grain paneling on the dash! arrrrgh.. wanted to
>swap that out, but it wasn't possible
>
> -tim

    Funny, I bought the SLT because I didn't like the flat black dash... My '95
SLT Club Cab was supposedly a special order, non-standard feature SLT.

    It has light charcoal int, chrome pkg, power windows/locks/mirrors & cruise,
5-speed, sure grip diff, 5.2L and 3.90 gearing. Tow prep package was included,
but is joke because a prep pkg on all other brands of trucks includes the wiring
harness for towing (on 96 and later it is included w/a hitch), but my Dakota
didn't have it. Only the heavy duty cooling, and heavy duty flasher. The other
thing is that my truck has the 1450# payload vs. the 2000. At the time I was
searching for a truck with these options, the only thing close was a SLT, bench
seat, 3.55 non-sure grip diff w/either auto or 5-spd. Now I could have gotten a
sport, but would have had to add the power windows at the dealer, and I wouldn't
have had any fender molding (no biggie).

    My truck is white, and I too had the red pin stripes removed before I bought
the truck.

    Since I have bought the truck most all dealers here in San Diego have had
trucks similarly equipt to mine (in '96 models), but I have yet to see one EXACTLY
the same. The only option I don't have is the overhead console...My friend has
it, and I didn't feel the need for it.

    My $.02

    ...Sam '95 SLT

    BTW: My 1991 LE Club Cab V8 (non-magnum) Dakota was two-tone blue with the
          red D O D G E raised letters on it. I thought it looked ok.

          My 1995 SLT Club Cab has the grey ===dodge=== sticker on the tailgate,
          and I thought about removing it for a clean tailgate....

          C'mon, on the new 97 Dakota they've put the OLD Dodge lettering on the
          back (like a 1977 D100) w/curvy lowercase d's & g's...

          (JUST KIDDING!)