re: Tailgate Emblems -Reply

From: KEN MANSFIELD (KMansfie@compucom.com)
Date: Wed Jul 17 1996 - 12:17:55 EDT

When I bought my '92 LE (new with white ext., red int., red double
stripes from stem to stern, "DODGE" in reflective inserts on
tailgate, black wheel-well guards, thick black rubber door
guards--all-in-all, a common config.) my salesman asked me if I
wanted the red stripes removed. "Why," I asked. He said, "Many
purchasers take the stripes off, I was offering to do it for you." I
declined and 4 years later, the stripes STILL look great. I did not
like the monochrome look of the Sport (or the tiny mirrors) and I
did not want my LE to look like a Sport. I think it actually "looks"
more like a full-size than the Sport does.

IMHO, of course...

BTW--does anyone else get the funny feeling that, while ChryCo
is making the Dakota look like the Ram, FoMoCo is making the
F-150 look like the Ranger? I see this especially in the step-side,
oh, excuse me, the "Flare-side" which resembles the epitome of
the wussy-truck, the Splash. What kind of drugs are those F-150
designers on, anyway?

klm

Trucks are for pulling things and carrying things, not looking pretty
on the boulevard.

Guns are for shooting things and making bad guys go away, not
looking pretty hanging on the wall.

Motorcycles are for going fast and hanging onto, not for driving the
speed limit in perfect formation for miles.

There's a lot of people in this world that confuse breathing in and
out with living.

Ken L. Mansfield
IS Help Desk
Compucom Systems, Inc.