Plug wires (was RE: Bosch Platinum Plugs)

From: BAMILLER@CSUPomona.Edu
Date: Wed Jul 17 1996 - 14:42:22 EDT

My stock plug wires literally disitegrated on me at 30K miles. The truck
started to develop a miss on the highway so I pulled off. I popped the hood to
see in a wire had popped off the plug. They all looked okay. Then I checked
the distributor connections. As soon as I touched the #1 cylinder wire it
turned to dust right where it goes into the boot, and promptly fell. This
happened with the #3 and the coil wire as well. Thank my lucky stars I had
Triple A. They towed me to Chiefs where I got some cheezy wire to get me
home. I spoke to the Mopar Tech line and they said they had heard of this
happening many tire before with the stock carbon core wires. I went out and
bought some 8mm Magnecore wires. They have the correct plug boots to fit in
the heat shields and they look great too.

Brett Miller
1994 Dodge Dakota Sport
15.19@93.8mph