Re: Tailgate Emblems -Reply

From: TeamGTZ@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 17 1996 - 17:57:29 EDT

In a message dated 96-07-17 12:47:42 EDT, KMansfie@compucom.com (KEN
MANSFIELD) writes:

>BTW--does anyone else get the funny feeling that, while ChryCo
>is making the Dakota look like the Ram, FoMoCo is making the
>F-150 look like the Ranger? I see this especially in the step-side,
>oh, excuse me, the "Flare-side" which resembles the epitome of
>the wussy-truck, the Splash. What kind of drugs are those F-150
>designers on, anyway?
>
>klm
>
>Trucks are for pulling things and carrying things, not looking pretty
>on the boulevard.

Ooooh, sorry! Y'had me, and then y'lost me. I'll agree with the Ford
commentary; Ford cars look Japanese-cute, but now the trucks too? Cute
vehicles are for the sorority house parking lot, not the boulevard.
 "Wussy-truck" is dead-on.

However, I think that you're off the mark about what trucks are for.
 "Pretty" doesn't necessarily mean "not tough." (just ask "Kiana" ;) ) Some
of the "prettiest"-looking vehicles I've seen are trucks (and mine's one of
'em!) Walk around at any given car/truck show and listen to how many tough
gearheads, well-secured in their heterosexuality use the word "pretty." The
fact that there are no more no-frills big-thrills small-bills (that is,
cheap, fast, and cheap) "pretty" cars like Chargers, Chevelles, GTO's etc.
anymore is the main reason I bought my Dakota. All it is to me is a muscle
car with a really big trunk. Plus, since I can wallop the clown in a
Mustang (personal conquests include the 88, 92, 93, and 96 V8s) at the
stoplight, pay 4 grand less for the truck and about 75% less on insurance,
AND look just as pretty on the boulevard, then I'm certainly going to! BTW,
I do have a friend whose truck ain't too pretty, just used for pulling and
hauling things. It has a big "MACK" logo on the front.

>There's a lot of people in this world that confuse breathing in and
>out with living.

Seems to me that the guy down my street who uses his Dakota for hauling yard
waste and groceries is just doing the "breathing in and out" bit.