re: Tailgate Emblems

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Wed Jul 17 1996 - 19:45:18 EDT

Ken Mansfield:
>BTW--does anyone else get the funny feeling that, while ChryCo
>is making the Dakota look like the Ram, FoMoCo is making the
>F-150 look like the Ranger? I see this especially in the step-side,

Of course they are. It's called 'brand identity'. I see nothing wrong
with it. That way sales across the board can be hurt when they screw up.
Can you say Taurus?

tim"
>>And that stupid wood grain paneling on the dash! arrrrgh.. wanted to

This was a point against the truck when I bought it, I even planned to
order a Sport dash (it's only the fascia that needs changing - two parts)
to get the flat black treatment. I don't even notice the wood now though,
and it goes okay with the dark green of the exterior.

Then again, it doesn't go so well with the gray cloth interior... Maybe
I'll do that next year when it's paid off.

There was a show truck a few years ago with a splash of aqua/green on a
white truck that I thought was pretty neat. A bit splashy (sic), but I
might just do that. My truck somehow missed getting the rock guard (bumpy)
treatment below the rubber beltline. I plan to add that soon.

Anyone else notice that the rubber trim turns white when water sits on it?
Turns black again when it dries out.

Motoring,

Jim

Ask not for whom the Bob Doles, it Doles for you.

"the tax collector for the Welfare State." -- Newt Gingrich

Do we really want a president that's 11/19ths in support of our rights?

Vote for Harry Browne and send Haley Barbour a message. Steve Stockman '00!