RE: Tailgate Lettering

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Wed Jul 17 1996 - 21:28:45 EDT

To: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET; ljacobs@Calvin.UCHSC.
Edu@INTERNET
From: Clement_D on Wed, Jul 17, 1996 2:12 PM
Subject: RE: Tailgate Lettering

From: ljacobs@Calvin.UCHSC.Edu@INTERNET on Wed, Jul 17, 1996 9:27 AM

>In message <31EBE594@mailgate.rghosp.chime.org> Ned Vogler writes:
>> >From: Michael Meyerhoff
>> >Subject: My thoughts on styling
>[SNIP]
>> I beg to differ... my '96 4x4 Dakota has both the "Dodge" and the "4x4"
>> emblems on the tailgate in the red reflective "taillight-style" lettering.

>> I'm not sure if it only came with certain color trucks or what, because
>> I've seen other '96's with just the decals.... Any other '96 owners care
>> comment??
>[snip]
>
>FWIW, I've got a 96 flame red, and the reflective stickers blend in
>***very*** nicely. In fact, I do believe I've got the perfect truck :)
>Flame red with black highlights (door protectors, wheelwell protectors,
etc)
>makes for an awesome looking truck ! Well blended badges and decals (IMHO).

>The only thing I would change (I've got the SLT) is changing the chrome
>grill and bumpers to that of the sport (painted to match grill w/black
>bumpers). Guess I'm hard to please !

Since we are discussing color combo's what I have is quite unique! I have an
89 short bed, standard cab, 4x4 LE. This truck is black with the cranberry
interior. It has grey body molding 360 degrees around the truck and the
molding has a 3/4 inch black hi-lite. This same scheme is carried over to
the wheel well flares. there is also a silver grey decal that runs the
length of each side of the truck mounted just above the body molding. The
decal is approximately 6" wide and consists of small dots. The dots are very
dense next to the molding and become less dense as you move away from the
molding giving a fad appearance. The decal also has two diagonal strips
right behind the front edge of the door that match the cranberry color of
the interior. All of the 4x4 marks are printed in a lighter grey on the body
moldings. The word Dodge on the taligate is stamped into the metal and is
painted the same light grey of the 4x4 marks on the moldings. I have the
factory 5 spoke aluminum wheels with 235/75-R15 Wranglers mounted. The
clearcoat on the polished sections of the wheels has taken a beating and I
am in the process of cleaning and refinishing the wheels. I have not decided
whether to go dark charcoal or cranberry for the insert sections of the
wheels (they are currently argent).

Dave Clement