RE: Foul Smell - A/C Problem?

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 1996 - 10:39:59 EDT

To: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET; rlr@bbt.com@INTERNET
From: Clement_D on Fri, Jul 19, 1996 10:45 AM
Subject: RE: Foul Smell - A/C Problem?

From: rlr@bbt.com@INTERNET on Fri, Jul 19, 1996 10:28 AM

> Has anybody had problems with the condensate drain tube
>plugging up in their Dakota? I suspect this to be the case
>in our '95. There just isn't that much water draining out,
>and I can sometimes hear water sloshing around.
>
> How can this be cleaned, short of taking the HVAC plenum
>out? I shoved a coat hanger up the drain tube, and it seemed
>clear.

Ron,

I have had the plugging problem on my Daytona a couple of times. I have used
a piece of 14 gauge multi stranded wire (stiff enough yet flexable enought
to go around corners and not damage anything) to shove up the tube an wiggle
around. I get a slugg of water out the drain when the plug is cleared.

Dave Clement