Hot V-max for sale

From: KEN MANSFIELD (KMansfie@compucom.com)
Date: Mon Jul 22 1996 - 12:11:00 EDT

Todd,

Call Central Yamaha in Richardson, TX. The have a 90-something
V-max set up for drag: side-mount belt drive super, air intakes jut
through fake gas tank (just think of the howl 2 inches from your
face!), stretched frame w/ axle directly mounted (no rear shocks),
wheelie bars, 8 inch slick, electronic shift control, LOTS of
high-perf. internals. No 'chute, though. All for $10,000, only $1k
more than a new V-max, and licensed and inspected for street
use (minus the slick). Must have $5k or more bolted on.

klm

>>> "Todd Schmalzried" <tschmal@iseg14.imd.cig.mot.com>
07/22/96 09:48am >>>

> These conquests are fun, but what is also fun is surprising the
kid
> in the (daddy's) Talon TSI or Probe GT when he won't let you
> around him on the highway. You go the other way and he
TRIES
> to shut the door, but you are already gone!

I agree whole heartedly!!! The best is when you pass them pull in
front of them
and test your brakes, but only if they were doing it to you. :)
Another thing
which makes it more enjoyable is when it's a pretty boy with his
girl friend.

> I also get my jollies thrashing megabucks sports cars with my
'86
> FJ1200. Come to think of it, I redline the FJ in 3 gears even
when
> there is no one to thrash. Got my eyes on a V-max, next.
>
> Speed is irrelevant. Acceleration is everything.

If you own a V-max speed isn't irrelevant, and acceleration is more
than
everything. I speak as a former (may she rest in pieces, other
guys fault)
owner. I am hot on the trail of another though, '86 with cams,
stage 7 carb
kit, kerker single... On the street you don't redline this bike in 3
gears, 2
is enough to get to at least 90, with the front wheel about a foot off
the
ground for a good part of the way. Hmmmm maybe that's why my
friends call me
mad. Mad Max will ride again...

> Later,
>
> klm
>-- End of excerpt from KEN MANSFIELD

	Todd Schmalzried		   tschmal@imd.cig.mot.com
	Motorola Cellular 		   FAX:   (847) 435-6550
	Continental Towers #2 floor 11     Phone: (847) 435-6546
	1701 Golf Road
	Rolling Meadows, IL.  60008

-You have to "put your 2 cents in" but only get "a penny for your
thoughts".-
-Who gets the change? Think about it.-  O-